I hope you are getting inspiration from these posts and they are helping you in your walk with Jesus. Please leave a comment or share your experience with us. Thank you!

Lesson 4—Let the Holy Spirit dictate your prayer agenda.

A couple of years ago, sermons on the Sunday and Thursday services in my church were suspended for one month, while we used the time to pray for one another. Shortly after that a senior member of our church leadership team contracted COVID-19 and was seriously ill in hospital. We were confident of full recovery, because we had been praying. By following God’s leading, we had unknowingly prayed for healing before the sickness occurred; we were on the offense, instead of the defense. Had we not been urged by the Holy Spirit to pray, we would have been caught unawares and the devil would have dictated our prayer agenda, but because we prayed at the opportune moment, a tragic situation was averted (James 5:16).

Lesson 5—Listen to God as you pray.

I have had many signs and seen many pictures while praying over the years. God has used them to inform me of what is ahead or send me comfort ahead of a situation. Once, while praying with my church prayer team, we held hands, as is our custom, to say the closing prayer, and as I closed my eyes, I saw a picture with all of us holding hands but one of us was missing. I quickly opened my eyes and looked around and found that we were all present. I closed my eyes again to pray, and still saw the same picture, but I did not know what it meant. That same week, one of us took ill, which led to death. As difficult as it was to lose someone who had been in the prayer team for many years, the picture I saw gave me comfort that God knew about it, and that he was with Him.

On another occasion, our church prayer team was praying at the altar because we had lost two young church members within a short space of time. We were crying to God to stop the deaths. I prayed with such fervency that I did not hear our leader say that God had given him an answer. He waited until I was done and said God had answered us a few minutes after we started praying, meanwhile I had prayed for almost thirty minutes! God promised to answer us while we are praying, so we should listen as we pray (Isaiah 65:24).


Comments

Popular Posts