Pastor David Wilkerson

Dearly Beloved,
Today, Saturday 14 May 2011, I watched the live event of the Memorial Service for Pastor David Wilkerson at Times Square Church in New York City, USA. I extend my condolences to the Wilkerson Family, especially his wife Sis. Gwen. I was privileged to hear a few of Pastor Dave's straightforward sermons warning all who would listen to get right with God, as the end of all things are near, even at the door.
As I watched the service this afternoon, I reflected on the life of this great man of God who during his lifetime, was busy about his Father's business. I first came across him when I read his book 'The Cross and the Switchblade' as a young christian in 1986, a book which I recommend to all who haven't read it. His desire to see people saved and set free from the bondages of the enemy is so profoundly represented in this book. Again, I was privileged to be at Times Square Church one Sunday when he shared the pulpit with Nicky Cruz, who is now a great Evangelist. What an awesome experience it was for me to see these two men in the flesh, knowing the story behind their friendship.
The true effect of David Wilkerson's ministry is only known to God, but from what I saw today, he touched very many lives around the world and has left behind a legacy to the glory of God. His many ministry ventures, Teen Challenge, World Challenge, Please Pass the Bread, to name a few, all attest to this.
David Wilkerson has run his race and finished it; and he has received his crown. It remains for us to continue running ours to the finish, so that we may receive our own crowns.
'Teach us to number our days that we may gain a heart of wisdom'. Psalm 90:12.

Comments

Popular Posts