Many apologies for the long silence, esteemed readers. A number of factors are responsible. First, I turned 70 on 15 February 2024, and this milestone birthday was accompanied by several events. I celebrated the day itself with an enjoyable boat ride along the River Gambia with family and friends, stopping for a tour of Lamin Lodge. The following week, I made a charitable donation to a Christian mission that offers health care to poor people. My church family was not left out. The children each had a goodie bag, packed with candies, drink and a stationery, whilst the adults each had a piece of the birthday cake and a beverage. 

On the weekend of Friday 21 June, my children organised a birthday bash for me in Los Angeles, California, where one of them lives. It was a great time of family, fun and celebrations. There were three generations of our extended family celebrating together, and it was a blessing to see the younger members of our family, especially our grandchildren. My friends were also there to celebrate with me. The sight-seeing tour in and around Hollywood was a fulfilment of an item on my bucket list, and the party that followed in the evening was phenomenal, thanks to the organisers!

The second reason for my silence is the writing of my third book, ‘A Treasury of My Favourite Prayers’, which left me with little time to continue posting on my blog. I started writing in January 2024, but slowed down. I picked it up again in March and went full steam until I finished the manuscript in June. The process of editing, interior formatting and cover design took almost one and a half months and I am happy to say that I have just self-published the book! The book contains prayers covering several topics, such as salvation, marriages, children, nations, the church, healing, victory in court cases, businesses and investments, waiting seasons and infant loss, among others. Each prayer topic starts with a short introduction, taking examples from the Holy Bible and my experiences, followed by relevant Bible verses for study and meditation. I also share experiences I have had in prayer and God’s dealings in my life in the book.

For the next series of posts, I will be taking excerpts from this book, in particular from the topic ‘Lessons I have learnt in Prayer’, to encourage us in our walk with Jesus.

Welcome aboard!

Comments

Popular Posts